Date(s) - 17/03/2018
Red Brick Building Community Garden
This eight-part course taking place from March to May is designed to be a comprehensive introduction to mushroom cultivation. It is a one-of-a-kind course in the UK that can give people the skills and confidence they need to start their own mushroom projects and enterprises.
This practical course will introduce learners to the fundamental processes in cultivating mushrooms including:
• Introduction to Fungi Ecology, Biology and Diversity
• Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation
• Bulk substrates and pasteurisation processes
• Agar plates and grain spawn
• Grow Room and Culture Maintenance
• Fungi Identification
• Medicinal Mushrooms
Learners will be able to book for individual courses on a stand-alone basis if they are unable to complete the full certificate. Please note there are only 14 places available for each course, and the priority will be given to those who are completing the full certificate.