Feed Avalon are hosting a two-day course in how to start your own Plant Nursery. It will be taught by Niels Corfield who has a wealth of experience as a professional nurseryman. Learn more below.
What: Nursery Course
Where: Red Brick Building Community Garden, Glastonbury
When: Wednesday 24th & Thursday 25th January 2018
This course will cover the theory and practice of establishing and operating an edible plant nursery that is nancially viable and a size that is manageable for you.
The course will cover:
• Designing a commercial nursery – how to get started
• Understanding the di erent nursery and propagation options
• Running a commercial nursery operation, including: irrigation, feeding and pest management
• Becoming self-su cient in propagation materials
• Hands-on nursery design practice
• Seasonal propagation activity
• Managing stock, sales and purchases
• Marketing of edible and unusual plants, online and face- to-face
You will be provided with info and resources to take away including plant lists, stock tracking spreadsheets, template plant labels, a Course Reader with info on everything taught. You will leave with increased con dence, clarity and creativity to put your new knowledge and skills into practice.
Cost: This two-day course, including lunch costs £120. There are some free and subsidised places available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to book: To book please email email@example.com